19th September 2023
● Conceptual Art, Storytelling & Music converge in album on themes surrounding the Climate Crisis
● The temperature in which the musicians recorded mimicked the rising temperature of the piece and was produced using drastic temperature changes, from sub-zero to hottest on record
● Featuring UK Poet Laureate Simon Armitage & other voices including activist Greta Thunberg, multi-award winning conservationist Dara McNaulty and & visual artist Norman Ackroyd
● With violinist Daniel Pioro, soprano Josephine Stevenson & guitarist Leo Abrahams
● Recorded with Scottish Ensemble, the album is a chamber strings work across 7 movements with Electronics, Poetry, Soprano, Piano, Harpsichord & Field recordings.
Radical Scottish composer Erland Cooper, who merges music with evocative storytelling and conceptual art, today announces his ambitious fourth studio album ‘Folded Landscapes’. Hailed as ‘nature’s songwriter’, for his work celebrating themes of the natural world, place, people and time, ‘Folded Landscapes’ pushes Cooper's connection to the environment even further into unchartered new realms.
‘Folded Landscapes’, to be released on 5th May on Mercury KX, sees Cooper work through the lens of urgent observations surrounding climate change creating a potent, experimental new work. In early 2022, Cooper began a collaboration with Scottish Ensemble, a collective of pioneering musicians crossing art forms, to champion music for strings.
Show Time: 8pm (doors open at 7:30pm)
Age Recommendation: N/A
Approx Running Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes (inc. interval)
Wheelchair spaces cannot be booked online; please call the Box Office.
Bring me these before the chime of midnight in three days time…Kickstart your festive celebrations with Sondheim’s timeless masterpiece,...
Come and be the first to watch this years pantomine, RAPUNZEL at our selected preview peformances. Get ready for a hair raising adventure...